- No self-promote, advertising or spam in the forums
- Unsolicited advertisement of goods, services, and/or other web pages or posts with little, or completely unrelated content.
- Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product or try to self-promote your website, business, forums, etc.
- Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
- Do not ask for email addresses or phone numbers - your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.
- Do not post copyright-infringing material
- Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
- Do not post “offensive” posts, links, or images.
- Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
- Do not cross-post questions
- Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum that is most suitable in which to post your question.
- Do not PM users asking for help
- Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times
- All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
- However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of the community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
What happens if I break a rule?
If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning, regardless if it breaks a rule.